Coming up

Coming up:

TopPages

Saturday, 4 February 2017

Pictures from Sam Manley's Talk

I was booked to give the LAS evening meeting talk for February and begin our year's programme of events, and my presentation was on the topic of 'narrative in illustration'. I went through a little of my more recent work to give an idea of what I do, and how I approach illustration, then moved on to cover a number of different topics - supported by various examples and styles of art throughout history - looking at how each of them can be used to enhance the storytelling, with a focus on breaking out of whatever your own established patterns of thought may be.

Anne Fox was kind enough to take some pictures of the evening:


Next month we hope you'll join us for our AGM (and it's been a pretty good year, we've lots to report!) - Thursday 2nd March.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

POTENTIAL STUDIO WORKSHOP IN LUDLOW

Ludlow Art Society has been offered studio space in Harvest House, for a limited period of about 9 months before the building is demolished....