Coming up


Coming up: *** Tue 27th June: Workshop with Brontë Woodruff ***

TopPages

Wednesday, 4 May 2016

Catherine Downes, The Sketches

LAS Member Catherine Downes has brought out a book of her artwork! She says:

-----

I have brought out a book of my sketches , called Catherine Downes, The Sketches.  
It is published by TnT-Photoart, printed by Gomer Press.  
It is a beautifully presented hardback of 80 pages with illustrations from the sketchbooks of water colourist Catherine Downes BA.
Sketches such as these display a spontaneity and life often not present in finished paintings. Normally never seen but a delight to browse by artists and non artists alike.
I was trained as a glass designer and engraver in Stourbridge. Ending up owning my own glass studio at our garden centre in Staffordshire. I returned to my first love and took up drawing and painting again in 1980's. I eventually entered Wolverhampton Uni to gain my BA in Fine Art.  
Moving to Much Wenlock in 2004 I started exhibiting with local art societies. This year I have been chosen as Church Stretton's Featured Artist for their 50th anniversary exhibition. This book fulfils a lifelong ambition.  
It is on sale at The Castle Bookshop on the square in Ludlow.  Price £18.99

-----

Catherine has very kindly given permission to use some snippets from her book (click to enlarge), but if you want to see the intricacies of it you'll have to go by the book in town :)
front cover
an interior spread
back cover

No comments:

Post a Comment