Coming up


Coming up:
*** Tue 27th June: Workshop with Brontë Woodruff ***
*** Thu 6th July: Watercolour Demonstration with Keith Noble RBSA RSMA ***

TopPages

Thursday, 27 August 2015

Drusilla Cole's Linocut Exhibition

Friday 2nd October - 31st October 2015 at SpArC Theatre, Bishop's Castle, Brampton Rd , Bishop's Castle , SY9 5AY

An exhibition of Drusilla Cole's Linocuts

"Currently I am exploring linocuts, and in particular reduction linocuts. The lino is gradually cut away as each colour is printed, which essentially destroys the lino during the process, meaning a reduction print can never be reprinted.

I use rainbow rolls, stencils and sometimes caustic soda to enrich areas of the prints and enhance texture. Printmaking processes are especially exciting to me because they create so many variables, presenting a challenge to achieve a desired end.

Often, my artwork demonstrates my fascination with quirky and unusual  architectural constructions, especially any containing lettering. Fairground and circus scenes often interest me, and I find these images frequently crop up in my artwork. Another fascination is with vintage ceramics, particularly made in German in the 1960s.

I base my work on my own photographs or paintings and sketches, whenever possible."

SpArC Theatre is located next to Bishop's Castle Community College just off the A488 from Shrewsbury to Clun.

www.drusillacole.co.uk

'Bloxwich Fair (sienna)', linocut, 50 x 40 cm.

No comments:

Post a Comment