Coming up

Coming up:
*** Thu 2nd November: Encaustic Demo. by Fiona Miles + End of Year Celebration & Review ***

TopPages

Wednesday, 24 June 2015

Upcoming - Ginn Downes Talk

On Thursday 2nd July we have guest artist Ginn Downes visiting us to talk about her work as a mixed media and textile artist. She says:

"I have been sewing, creating textile and art pieces all my life and strongly believe that "creativity feeds the soul". I was trained in Fashion and Textiles but have a love of all things creative.  During the past 29 years, I have been fortunate to teach students of a wide age range and for 11 years, enjoyed running the Textiles Department at Hereford 6th Form College.

I now run my own creative workshops, which include art and textiles techniques to sewing methods. I am passionate that everyone should be given the opportunity to discover their own creative potential and my new venture enables me to re-kindle a passion to create my own artwork, as well as enabling others to do the same."

Ginn has kindly sent along a few examples of her work ahead of her talk, which will be mainly about the process of using art, drawing, painting, etc, and translating it into textile pieces:


The talk is at our usual time, so please arrive 7pm for 7.30pm, The Studio in Ludlow Assembly Rooms, and it's £3 for members, £4 for guests.
 
See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

POTENTIAL STUDIO WORKSHOP IN LUDLOW

Ludlow Art Society has been offered studio space in Harvest House, for a limited period of about 9 months before the building is demolished....