Coming up

Coming up:

TopPages

Friday, 30 January 2015

Schedule Change for February - Animal Painting in Pastel, with Lesley Connolly

Unfortunately, due to a work scheduling clash, Ashleigh has withdrawn from her talk.

However, the very talented Lesley Connolly has kindly agreed to step in to give us a demo on Animal Painting in Pastel. I'm sure most of you know Lesley by her works if not in person - her paintings have been pictures exhibited with The Wildlife Art Society International, the Wild Bunch, the LAS, as part of various paint jams in the region, or of course with the Royal Birmingham Society of Artists.



Ahead of her demo, she's also sent along her artist's statement and some examples of her work (click to enlarge):



“I have been painting for a number of years using pastels as my main medium but recently I have extended my range to include acrylics, inks, watercolour and mixed media. Throughout this period of change the subject matter, however, has remained constant. That is, animals, both domestic and wildlife, in all their rich diversity. I love painting them, their colour, their shape, their individuality. They never cease to amaze me. One day, if I work really hard, I hope to do them justice in my work.” - Lesley Connolly RBSA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

POTENTIAL STUDIO WORKSHOP IN LUDLOW

Ludlow Art Society has been offered studio space in Harvest House, for a limited period of about 9 months before the building is demolished....