Coming up


Coming up:
*** Thu 17th August: Drop-in Social @ Blue Boar ***
*** Tue 22nd August: Exhibition Hanging & Preview Evening @ St. Laurence's ***

TopPages

Monday, 30 April 2012

Spotlight - Oil Color Palettes

 American spelling...

I love this blog - illustrator Aaron B. Miller keeps a log of the various palettes of oil painters, ranging from 16th Century artists right through to present day ones. The blog's description reads:

"As a painter I often hear mention of colors the masters used in our past. Then when trying to find those palettes I tend to come up short on information. So, now when I do track down that information I have a place for it that I can share with everyone as well. Feel free to send me a color palette of a painter that I have not found or even corrections to the ones I have posted if I'm off in any way.

From this information you can try out some colors you may not have given thought to. And many artists will also tell you they don't put out every color in their palette for every painting. I'm a huge fan of the limited palette."
 

If you know any great art websites or articles, why not share them here? Send your suggestions to samsketches@yahoo.co.uk - please note that this isn't for self-promotion!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

POTENTIAL STUDIO WORKSHOP IN LUDLOW

Ludlow Art Society has been offered studio space in Harvest House, for a limited period of about 9 months before the building is demolished....